You know what they say: the best
soups, are Mom's homemade Recipe soups.
When it's "that season" (cold season) nothing
sounds better than soup, and this is hands down
one of our favorite soup recipes, by
2 tbs. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
5 ribs of celery
1 bay leaf
Salt + pepper
1 32 oz. container (4 cups) Chicken broth
2 cups of heavy cream or half and half
4 Large Chicken breasts
2 packages of gnocchi
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1. In a large pot, fill it about half way with water,
and bring it to a boil. Add your chicken and allow
it to boil for about an hour or so.
NOTE: You can also buy store bought rotisserie chicken pre-cooked
to avoid this step!
2. Remove the Chicken from the water and pull apart
3. In a deep sauce pan, heat your EVOO on medium heat
4. Add leeks, celery, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste
and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, about 3 minutes
6.Stir in the cream, lower the heat and simmer until
the soup bubbles at the edges
7. Add the chicken and gnocchi and cook for 5 minutes
8. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the parsley and paprika
fox + gypsy